Seven Pieces Of Advice On How To Cure Iron Play Faults
Beginners are likely to make more mistakes with iron play than experienced or seasoned players. Beginners can do what seasoned players do; review their technique and make improvements to their strategy. There are a few elements to consider when reviewing your game. You should be able to study your approach, recognize what you are doing wrong, and determine what steps to follow to correct it. The good news is there are faults easy to recognize and make adjustments to. Here are 7 pieces of advice on how to cure iron play faults.
- Stay relaxed when you swing and try to keep your spine aligned with minimum tilting. This also includes your neck. When making the shot work to keep your body in line and your spine straight. This can reduce risk of a bad or faulty shot.
- Make sure you have proper stance before taking the shot. You can change your stance a bit when practicing to see the result. In some cases a golfer may have their stance too wide. This could affect elements of ball position and backswing.
- The weight of your body should be balanced at the back of your feet. This helps establish a smooth swing when you start, but as you move through your weight should shift from one leg to the other (lead leg to the other).
- Have good grip. Your grip should not be too tight. A tight grip may be accompanied by tension and this can affect the result of your play. Your wrists should be flexible and relaxed to help control the swing. The wrist of your lead hand should be relaxed and your wrist of your other hand should not move.
- Know the role your hands play as you make your swing. The right hand acts as a guide for your iron while helping it move in the direction it should go. The left hand stabilizes the club and ensures it stays balanced.
- Be sure to flex knees if you expect the ball to gain height. As you hit the ball work to obtain a straight spin. This will help create a faultless shot while ensuring you maintain good form from start to finish.
- Practice. To see improvement in your play skills means devoting time to practice methods necessary to see the change you want.
© Easttngeotourism.com. All rights reserved.